Are you a visionary who wants to develop Impact Hub Ticino with us, take the association forward with the management of Operations and Hosting and be part of the change?
Operations and Space Manager (50%)
- Location: Impact Hub Ticino, via Ciseri 3, 6900 Lugano
- Start: 01.06.2021
- Duration: indefinite
- Requirements: Italian very good or native; English level very good or native; Other languages are a plus. Work permit CH
Impact Hub Ticino orients, supports and attracts social entrepreneurs, sustainable innovators, public and non-profit organizations, local and international change-makers, as well as all those who have an interest in circular economy, sustainable finance, transformational leadership, and intend to have an impact on the real economy. As a founding member of Impact Hub Switzerland and the global Impact Hub Network, it provides coworking spaces, projects, events and courses so that they are aware and have the resources and skills to pursue the SDGs defined by the United Nations.
Unlike other coworking spaces, Impact Hub Ticino revolves around a stimulating community and an active network that allow the exchange of knowledge, collaboration and sharing of skills aimed at the development of responsible entrepreneurship in Ticino, Switzerland and worldwide. We are a young, dynamic team, work at eye level and are committed to a progressive and modern working environment. Teamwork and personal responsibility are very important to us.
Are you dedicated, motivated, independent and are not looking for an 08-17 job, but want to be part of a fast growing startup? Do you want to take on responsibility, be actively involved, help shape the future, grow beyond yourself and are ready for a challenging and exciting job? As the person responsible for facility, operations and hosting at Impact Hub Ticino, you will inspire and connect our members and guests every day with your experience. Together with our team, you will manage the daily activities in the Coworking, coordinate external and internal suppliers, our meeting and event rooms and ensure the smooth running of our events. You will be the first point of contact for our clients and, as chief host, ensure the perfect atmosphere in our innovative space.
Your main tasks are:
- You are our chief host; in this position, you are responsible for the optimal flow of our day-to-day business and leave our customer and members with a perfect first impression of the Impact Hub Ticino.
- You have leadership experience and a healthy level of assertiveness.
- You delegate, control and/or carry out the daily routine work in the space yourself and are responsible for ensuring that everything runs smoothly: Working at the front desk, answering telephone and mail inquiries, booking meeting rooms and providing support at our events.
- You are responsible for the organization of our host/hubonaut teams (voluntary helpers) and the further development of the hubonaut program.
- You are in charge of the design, further development and optimization of the processes in space and in the area of operations.
- You have an eye for the condition of our 500m² space/garden/airbnb, ideally you can also repair something yourself and / or delegate the task if necessary.
- You are the direct contact person for our hubonauts team and represent their concerns in management.
- You will support management in networking and building relationships with potential partners and customers.
- You actively contribute to the further development of the Impact Hub Ticino with your own ideas and projects!
- You will manage incoming invoices and payments according to the established process.
- You will manage and be the point of reference for the use of CRM, the management of services, and billing of Impact Hub Ticino to its members
- You will be the reference person for suppliers (cleaning, etc.), land lord, and IT assistance (Nexudus, Salto, printer, software updates, firewalls…)
What we offer:
- Startup spirit and environment as well as lots of exciting contacts.
- A young and motivated team that works together as equals.
- Being part of a swiss and global community (connection with other hubs etc).
- Great freedom in shaping your work.
- Quick assumption of responsibility.
What you bring with you:
- You are a passionate host and ideally have training and / or relevant experience in the hospitality industry.
- You speak impeccable Italian (native language or C1) and good written and spoken English (level B2 or better), knowledge of other Swiss national languages is a plus.
- You are an organizational talent and have a structured, organized and very independent way of working.
- You have first-class communication and interpersonal skills and don’t let yourself get rattled even in hectic situations.
- You bring an interest and passion for entrepreneurship and innovation. You have an understanding of the interrelationships between economics, sociality, and sustainability.
- You enjoy using your talents for a young startup and are aware of what this entails.
- You have leadership experience and a healthy amount of assertiveness.
- You have a healthy amount of pragmatism, and solve problems expeditiously, efficiently and where necessary with creativity.
- You must have a Swiss work permit or be Swiss national.
- Previous experience and/or education in IT management or administration and finance or hospitality management or office administration is preferred.
Do you bring that with you and want to become part of our team? Then send your letter of motivation and CV to [email protected] by May 10. We will not consider partial applications or applications made via LinkedIn.