A Hubonaut is a volunteer in the Impact Hub and part of our vibrant community. As a Hubonaut, you support us in day-to-day business and help us to run Impact Hub Ticino. We are looking for motivated and curious people who will work in pairs as our hubonaut/host one day a week.
Hubonaut – Host (part-time – volunteer)
- Location: Impact Hub Ticino, via Ciseri 3, 6900 Lugano
- Requirements: Italian good or native; English level good or native; knowledge of German or French is a plus
Impact Hub Ticino orients, supports and attracts social entrepreneurs, sustainable innovators, public and non-profit organizations, local and international change-makers, as well as all those who have an interest in circular economy, sustainable finance, transformational leadership, and intend to have an impact on the real economy. As a founding member of Impact Hub Switzerland and the global Impact Hub Network, it provides coworking spaces, projects, events and courses so that they are aware and have the resources and skills to pursue the SDGs defined by the United Nations. Unlike other coworking spaces, Impact Hub Ticino revolves around a stimulating community and an active network that allow the exchange of knowledge, collaboration and sharing of skills aimed at the development of responsible entrepreneurship in Ticino, Switzerland and worldwide. We are a young, dynamic team, work at eye level and are committed to a progressive and modern working environment. Teamwork and personal responsibility are very important to us.
You are dedicated, motivated, independent and are not looking for an 08-17 job, but want to become part of a fast growing startup? You want to take on responsibility, be actively involved, help shape the future, grow beyond yourself and are ready for a challenging and exciting job? As a Host – Hubonaut at Impact Hub Ticino, you will manage the daily tasks in the Coworking, and support in the coordination of members and suppliers. You will be the first point of contact for our clients and ensure the perfect atmosphere in our innovative space. Hubonauts work in pairs and support each other. We welcome international hubonauts who do not fluently speak Italian and just moved to Ticino: we are happy to help you in starting your new network!
Your main tasks are:
- Hosting and covering the front desk from 9 to 18 once a week or more
- Answering phone calls and welcoming visitors and members
- Tour of the hubs with visitors
- Preparing meeting rooms and our event space following our events calendar
- Maintenance and space-keeping
- Support with daily activities, tasks and events
- Connect with members and guests
- Bring in your special skills and initiate new projects
- Physical tasks involve but are not limited to: talking to members in person, making coffee, stocking kitchens, emptying dishwashers, refilling printer stations, assisting in set up/tear down for events, etc.
- Virtual tasks require the use of a personal phone and laptop to use our digital communication and project management tools during Host shifts. Tools used include Google suite, Slack, social media and Clickup.
What we offer:
- Be part of a global community of 17’000+ members.
- Be actively part of our local community of change-makers.
- Startup spirit and environment as well as a stimulating network.
- Learning opportunities: team work, organisation tools, business development.
- A “Nomad” membership (access to our building 24/7), valued at CHF4’320 (CHF360/month). Valid in all the Swiss Hubs and in the Milano Hub;
- Discount on workshops and events; member pricing on room and event spaces throughout the duration of your membership.
- A diverse and motivated team that works together as equals.
- Great freedom in shaping your work.
- Quick assumption of responsibility.
- Access to interest groups and networking opportunities within the Impact Hub network to access the jobs that you’ll love.
What you bring with you:
- Your enthusiasm and energy.
- You are an organizational talent and have a structured, organized and very independent way of working.
- You have first-class communication and interpersonal skills and don’t let yourself get rattled even in hectic situations.
- You are hospitable, proactive, sociable, reliable, team-minded, learn as you go.
- It would be great if you have previous experience and/or education in IT management; hospitality management; office administration.